Thursday, April 1, 2021

Game 55: Stargate

Name:Stargate
Number:55
Year:1981
Publisher:Williams
Developer:Vid Kidz
Genre:Side-Scroller
Difficulty:4/5
Time:1 hour

No, this is not an early appearance from the beloved science fiction franchise Stargate, this is a different game, based around the same concept. A portal that teleports you to different locations. Its a sequel to Defender, this was 1981 or 1984 as the Atari 2600 copy I'm playing says. What wonderful things shall I see this time?

Its Defender again. Maybe the enemies are easier to fight, maybe its just a bit easier, maybe there are other changes I don't really care about. Making this more an expansion pack sequel rather than a  Frankly, I see this as another game I don't particularly care for, but I do think the new enemies are cool, so I'll give it 6 instead of 5 the old one had. There's nothing for me to really talk about otherwise. Its not really something I find satisfying to play, and I think I've been missing that.

It'll be a while before we see Defender again, although perhaps we'll see some strange clone soon enough. For now, I hope to stay away from these shorter games I don't care for.

1 comment:

  1. The arcade version was great - especially trying to rescue the people by shooting the aliens that captured them, then catching the person before they splatted on the ground.

    ReplyDelete