Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Galactic Empire: Moving Ever So Slightly Onward

Third part of my LP, and yet, I am still well within walking distance of the starting area. I can't help but feel if I read these back-to-back its going to be fifty percent me narrating nothing happening, and fifty percent me whining about nothing happening. Also, during this session, I realized that the HUD contains what is supposed to be the PC. The thing in the center is a helmet. Weird.
Third part of my LP, and yet, I am still well within walking distance of the starting area. I can't help but feel if I read these back-to-back its going to be fifty percent me narrating nothing happening, and fifty percent me whining about nothing happening. Also, during this session, I realized that the HUD contains what is supposed to be the PC. The thing in the center is a helmet. Weird.
So, I have two keys, neither of which do anything on the two locks available to me here. Fair, whatever. I try dealing with the other merchant. He blows me off, and when I try to talk to him again, he attacks me. So I waste him. Hey, free grenades and the soldier doesn't care. Maybe this'll work on that one nasty soldier from last time.
This proves to be a pointless task. He takes three grenades and half a charge of ammo to kill, and drops nothing. What's curious is that after a few hits a noise like "No one over", which is making this start to sound like a creepypasta rather than a real actual game. That leaves me with only the restricted area left. Ugh.
Inside the restricted area are two soldiers who eat up a boatload of damage once again, chiming in with the same sound of "No one over". I can perform a sort of autofire by holding down my attack button, which doesn't necessarily make this any easier, but they don't seem to be fighting back all of a sudden. Deeper inside is an access card, which is very good news.
Another area, another merchant. This bad boy once again refuses to deal with me. Only this time, he attacks me afterward. I think. I say I think, because it sounds like I'm bumping into something and it doesn't stop after I kill him. Nor could I move. I swear as I finished turning around I saw something. This is starting to get spooky. Very, very unnerving. Turns out that the merchant didn't jump me, nor anything else. I got stuck on the door. Yeah, after exiting the dialog you can get stuck on that door. Nice.
The other merchant proves more willing to make a deal. Oxygen for an anti-shock screen. Oh, and his door also proves to me difficult to get out of. Hmm, I can see this was very well playtested. Must not be very valuable to me as a player if these two merchants were never touched by the developers. Morpheus's little protip for you there. If a section of a game is this broken, chances are you don't need to interact with it to advance. Now, I can't wait until I find out I needed that in two minutes.
And here I caught a shot of an alien in the corner that also looks creepypasta-ish
Without a clue as to how to advance, I enter the nature area. The animals seem to leave me alone, probably because I'm not made of meat. They do fight each other, leaving steaks. I'm sure these will play a useful role in the not too distant future. A soldier follows me in, but he goes down easy enough. I'm starting to run low on ammo, not a good sign. There's also a gas-lance in here, wonder what that does.
After some amount of wandering through the enclosure and alongside a mountain range, I once again reach civilization. This time I spot a flamethrower in front of a different kind of enemy. Using the flamethrower against him proves wise, as he doesn't take a lot of hits to die. Further research is required. I trade an access card to a merchant for a refill. If I need it later, I can always do the ol' "liquid discount", if you know what I mean.
But my good fortune soon ends. Up the road is a soldier who takes more than a few shots from the flamethrower. That's not a dig against it, it eats up ammo, and it deals it out just as fairly. No, what I have here is Mr. Rocket Launcher guy.
You know, I wrote that title up there sarcastically, but I think I actually moved more today than I did the last two sessions. Sure, now I may have to restart so every ten feet I don't get shot by someone, but I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve before I abandon this run. And even if I do, I might be able to cut across some areas to here that much faster.

This Session: 1 hour
Total Time:4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment